"Israeli" broadcasting pornography over captured Palestinian TV
Abu-Alwafa
2004-05-26 15:26:42 UTC
In case you missed it:

"Israeli" broadcasting pornography over captured Palestinian TV
"Israel's" use of pornography in their battle against the Palestinians

The "Israelis" have recently shown themselves well-versed in what one
could call the military use of pornography. At 4:30 PM on March 30,
2002, "Israeli" WAR forces took over Palestinian TV stations when they
occupied Ramallah in the West Bank, immediately shutting them down.
What followed was a little more unusual. Shortly after occupying the
Al-Watan TV station, the "Israeli" WAR forces began broadcasting
pornography over its transmitter.

Eventually, according to a report from The Advertiser, an Australian
newspaper, the "Israelis" expanded their cultural offensive against
the Palestinian people by broadcasting pornography over two other
Palestinian stations, the Ammwaj and Al-Sharaq channels.

One 52-year-old Palestinian mother of three children, according to the
report in the The Advertiser, complained about 'the deliberate
psychological damage caused by these broadcasts.' The only Palestinian
station not taken over by the "Israelis" ran a written message at the
bottom of its screen claiming that 'Anything currently shown on
Al-Watan and other local TV channels has nothing to do with
Palestinian programs but is being broadcast by the "Israeli"
occupation forces. We urge parents to take precautions.'
Jeffrey Krantz